Re: using a script in a ruleset.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: using a script in a ruleset.
From: Sean Aaron <sean.aaron@UCOP.EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:17:29 -0700
James Shanks wrote:

>It may just be that I didn't follow what you said, or that I am
> being too picky about this, but I don't want you to feel that I have misled
> you,
> if I misinterpret what you said.

Yeah, you misinterpreted; I follow how it works ;).

> The other detail that puzzles me is your concern that the trap Origin might
> be a
> better indicator of the actual selection name for purposes of Querying a
> Collection.   I have never seen a case where NVATTR_2 and NVA were different
> in
> netmon trap.  I think either one should do the job.

The description of NVA states that is is the "agent address."  This
makes me think it's an IP address, which wouldn't be very informative
info to send in a mail...if it's actually the hostname (NVATTR_2), then
great, less typing!

--
Sean Aaron
UNIX System Administrator