Re: using a script in a ruleset.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: using a script in a ruleset.
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:52:31 -0400
When any agent sends a trap the origin is an IP address, and in the case of
netmon traps, it starts out as the address of your NetView box.  But to be
consistent with agent traps, trapd substitutes the hostname of the box the trap
is about, which he got from netmon, and that  is why for NetView traps,
$NVATTR_2 and $NVA should always be the same.  They will be hostnames unless
netmon and trapd were unable to resolve the IP address originally.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Sean Aaron <sean.aaron@UCOP.EDU> on 10/04/99 05:17:29 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>