Re: User2 Status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: User2 Status
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 09:53:41 -0400
The list of things fixed in 5.1.2 includes APAR IX88830 Interface in User1 shows
User2
for IP Status field. This corrects the problem where things that are acutally
User1 show
up as User2. That does not explain why something you say is Admin Up is being
set to User1 in the first place. Are you sure it has ifAdminStatus of 1? Netview
seems
to treat anything but 1 (including the invalid value 0) as Admin Down.

HI,

We are running Netview 5.1.1 on AIX 4.2.1. We have Adtran CSU/DSUs and on
some of them, when I add them to the map, the IP interface is green, but
when I demand poll the unit, Netview changes the IP interface card to status
User2 (purple). In Tools>Display Object Info, it shows the status as
User2(7), and in Edit>Modify/Describe>Symbol, it shows as User1Status.

Can anyone tell me what would cause Netview to put this status on an IP
interface? The ifAdminStatus and ifOperStatus are both up. I'm not sure what
else to look for.

Thanks.