Controlling which interface is used on a multi-homed machine

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Controlling which interface is used on a multi-homed machine
From: Chris Cowan <chris.cowan@2ND-WAVE.COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:18:29 -0500
I recently installed Netview 5.1.2 on an SP Node, which has 2 interfaces
(don't they all ;).   The second interface is using the a private
address (192.168.3 subnet) and is not reachable outside of the cluster.

Unfortunately, we are using MLMs and it seems to have the hostname set
to this non-routed interface address.    The MLMs have this address in
their config tables.

I thinking that I can change the hostname, and probably run reset_ci.
But I want to be absolutely sure that I cover all of the potential
problems with this interface.    I can't turn it off.  We will also
probably enable the set force bind option on the oserv process.

Is there any other bases that I have to cover?

Thanks in advance,
Chris