Bad Router definition in Object DB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Bad Router definition in Object DB
From: benvain <benvain@BSD.TM.FR>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 16:52:54 +0200
Hello,

Here is a problem about which I called Support several weeks ago. It doesn't
seem obvious, but perhaps someone already got through it.

NV 5.1.1 on AIX 4.2.1 + NWays 1.2.1 + Ciscoworks 4.0.

When discovered by NetView, most (but not all) of our routers are stored into
object DB with an abnormal field: 60 - isInterface, which value is set to TRUE.
First consequences: the IPMap description (Edit/Description) is empty (i.e. it
provides the mask you use when adding a new node) and Ciscoworks is unable to
get routers' community names (don't ask me why).
It seems that NWays is involved in that affair (a router is well recorded when
you stop cmld and nvot-server just before discovery), but lab said it was not
the culprit.

Did anyone encounter such a problem?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Bernard Envain - CIC Banque Scalbert-Dupont
 03 20 12 60 47 - Fx.: 03 20 12 60 80