Re: Bad Router definition in Object DB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Bad Router definition in Object DB
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:06:54 -0400
In general, if a device's characteristics are not being reported
correctly, especially is you are using an enterprise specific
application (Nways, Optivity, Transcend, etc) a good possible
cause is the agent code/operating code on the device itself.
Check with support for the device or the software and find
out if there are patches for the version of the hardware code
you're using or if support recommends an upgrade.

And make sure your ovsnmp isn't tripping you up.  For example, if
the R/O community is OK, but some wild card or global default R/W
community conflicts with the device, or if you have a R/W community
defined but the device does not have a R/W community set, it can
cause incomplete or incorrect polling from some applications.

I suggest these things because I haven't had problems at customers
with 8275's.  Any chance you've done incorrect cut/paste?  That can
cause confusion, too.

Hope it helps.