Re: Device Count

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Device Count
From: Brad Martin <bmartin@METLIFE.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:05:23 -0400
You can use the nvUtil command  to list the items that are managed and the wc
(word count) command to produce a quick count. The "wc" command returns  the
number of lines, words, etc...  I've used the following commands. The can either
be made into a script or entered directly from the command line.

nvUtil e "(isNode=True) && (!('IP Status'='Unmanaged'))" | wc

Brad Martin
MetLife

"Desai, Aditya" <DesaiA@USA.REDCROSS.ORG> on 10/11/99 09:22:39 AM

Please respond to "Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView"
      <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>