Re: closing the map + ipmap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: closing the map + ipmap
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:42:43 -0400
Possibly nothing, but who knows?  My concern about ipmap is that he needs to
write out the last map close time to the map database when he quits.  Hopefully
he is getting that done before your problem occurs.  If not, then over time, you
map synch times will just get longer and longer and longer.

But if you are going to kill the associated apps which are still running by
reopening the GUI anyway, then it should not hurt them to be killed by a cron
job.  The only concern I have is that this may make the debug job more difficult
because then you  cannot tell if they would ever go away on their own, or if the
one that is hanging from last night is in the same loop as the one from this
morning.  You'll just have to deal with that when the time comes.

If you have run dbxprof before, then I would do it now for these apps.  If not,
don't worry about it, because that's what Level 2 will have you do.  You ftp it
from them if you don't have it.

How long has this been going on?  What level of AIX do you have?  Made any
system changes lately?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Rob Napholz <tel1rxn@NJCMAIL.UPS.COM> on 10/12/99 05:02:10 PM