closing the map + ipmap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: closing the map + ipmap
From: Christo Burger <christob@absa.co.za>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:47:03 -0700
Some background , we are running AIX4.3.2 with Netview 5.1.1. All data, ip
topology and trap data, are written away to Oracle 7.3.4.( current status ).
Before the topology data was setup to go to the Netview flat files. We have
+-12 objects in the db. Well I all I wanted to say is we have the
same/similar problem as Rob with the map.

To elaborate, when we start the W/R Gui up, the root map displays the IP
Internet, Collections and ManagerSubmap. Then we start to work on the Ip
internet submap. This is were we operate a lot but after a while the
topology objects and links "disappear".  The traps are still showing up on
the Event Desk but no Ip Internet submap objects to look at.

I ovstop Netview and "ps -ef| grep OV" still shows netview processes
running, if I ignore the Netview webserver processes and there is now info
in the nv6000.log indicating to these problems.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Christo Burger
Tel: +2711 3506480
Fax: +2711 3506228