Re: Send events to T/EC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Send events to T/EC
From: Roberto Greco <roberto_greco@IT.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:36:50 +0200
Okay James, I get it.

   In the previous note I forgot to tell that I had demon  tecad_nv6k  working
with file tecad_nv6k.conf configurated to
send all the events to TEC.

   I realize (correct me if I wrong) that tecad_nv6k override filter in Netview.
   In fact if I switch off tecad_nv6k demon the filter works.

   In my ignorance I supposed that tecad_nv6k must working to send events to TEC
from Netview.

   Instead I realize that I don't need to run tecad_nv6k demon and I can
configure to send events to TEC by configuring only
   Netview (Event Configuration and Ruleset Editor).

  I wonder when I need to use tecad_nv6k demon ?
  Are them tow alternative way ?

 Thak you very much for your patience.