snmpCollect data...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: snmpCollect data...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 07:59:11 PDT
Hello All.

Over the past several weeks, I have been doing some snmpCollect data
collection. Specifically, I have been collecting ifInOctets and ifOutOctets
for several interfaces, polling both MIB Objects every 30 seconds...

My questions are:

1. When I generate the graph for my collected data, I have the option of
showing either the maximun, minimun, or average. I am a little confused
because I thought that snmpCollect would simple grab the value of
ifInOctets/ifOutOctets every 30 seconds and store whatever that value was.
How/Where is the average, minimum, maximum, values obtained if I am only
polling every 30 seconds??

2. It would be great if I could somehow add the ifInOctet and ifOutOctet
data together, either during the data collection of post data collection. Is
there a way to do this within the Data Collection Facility in Netview ??

Any information appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.