Re: Enviroment variables

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Enviroment variables
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:00:25 -0400
For each user, in their home directory, I do this:
in  .dtprofile, uncomment that last line that allows .profile to be sourced
( if you are running the Common Desktop Environment)
in  .profile, only put this line:   export ENV=$HOME/.kshrc
in  .kshrc, put everything else you want. I put something like this:
      export PATH=<whatever is in /etc/environment plus /usr/OV/bin>
     <add any others needed by add-on products>
      .  /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
      set -o vi

By putting it in .kshrc you ensure that every shell you open will have
the libpath set, since libpath is unset when the shell is opened (its
a feature).

I would also set the value of $HOME in  .kshrc as well, since Netview
will not know that value if the map is launched from the Tivoli Desktop.
When you launch the map that way you can conveniently use the
.kshrc in the dialog where it asks for the shell script to be sourced to
pass environment variables to Netview.

Hello

before I startup NetView for AIX 5.1.1, I must manually set the
enviroment variables ./etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh in order to start the TME
desktop or the TME10 NetView Help/Library.
Now I want know, where I can set this enviroment variables to start them
automaticly.

Many thanks