Re: SV+ on AIX 4.2.1/NetView 5.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SV+ on AIX 4.2.1/NetView 5.1
From: Stephan Schwalb <sschwalb@DEBIS.DE>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:35:43 +0200
Hi Robert,

to see 8.4 points that this is an upgrade - right ???
If you just run rpcinfo you should see if the mentioned entry is there - may be
including more information. Anyway I would recommend you to install also 9.1.07
patch 1, which are some 10
modified files.

Then at least the install part should run fine. (Perhaps you need to set a extra
link to some
library - you will see this out of error-msgs and this can be modified during
installation).

Extra points: Take care about shutdown group (groupid = 21). It is in conflict
with group svplus !
Aslo, it may be possible, that the install removes you entries from crontab !

Cheers___Stephan

Alok Gera schrieb:

> Hi Robert,
>
> You need to call Cisco's TAC on this one.  I ran into similar problems with
> it when I installed it.  They are pretty good about getting these problems
> fixed.
>
> Alok
> RPM Consulting Inc.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards / Saludos

Stephan Schwalb

Systems engineer - Networkmanagement
debis - Systemhaus
Tel.: +49 (711)-17-49971