Re: MLM

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: MLM
From: "Frank W. Hansen" <fhansen@ENTERPRISEINNOVATIONS.COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:53:34 -0500
Jane,

I've cut out one segment from your e-mail that I have a question about:

>This gives you 2 options - either modify the standard
>mlmDomain_<hostname> collection, or create your own collection with all
>the nodes you want status checked, and make sure that you set the domain
>collection prefix in your netmon customisation.  Either way, these nodes
>need  NOT be limited to the same subnet as your MLM.  The only time that
>netmon will re-assume responsibility for status polling is if he sees
>that an MLM is down - netmon then takes over until he sees the relevant
>MLM come back up.

Can you assign a different MLM to take over while the crashed MLM is down or
will netmon not allow this?  What I'd like to do, is if an MLM dies, I want
to assign a new MLM to take over status polling.

Best Regards,

Frank W. Hansen
Tivoli Enterprise Certified Consultant
919 467 9183