Demand Poll Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Demand Poll Question
From: "Smith, Kristi" <Kristi_Smith@MENTORG.COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:02:16 -0700
We installed NetView fairly recently and are having a problem related to
demand polls.  If we initate a demand poll on a device that is up and has a
green status to prod discovery or get a current interface status, we get
interface up traps and node up traps in the event window.  Since we plan to
page our on-call person on interface and node up/down traps, this will be a
problem for us.

I used NetView while at a former job and don't remember this type of
behavior on a demand poll. I verfied with one of my former co-workers that
they don't get those events on a user-initiated demand poll.  I asked Tivoli
Technical Support about this and they said it is working as designed.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Environment:  NetView 5.1.2, Tivoli 3.6.1,  Solaris 2.6

Regards,
Kristi Smith
Mentor Graphics Corporation
(503) 685-1971