Re: AW: 5.1.2 and netmon -y improved

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AW: 5.1.2 and netmon -y improved
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:20:21 -0400

The two notes below got me asking questions about this more rapid netmon -y
function which was reported.  The fact is that nothing in that code path was
changed.  The Level 3 folks who work on netmon are mystified as to what could be
causing this much improved result.  All we can suggest is that this is an
unintended result of fixing some other bug, but we don't even know what that one
might be.   As far as we know,  it was not noticed in Verification.   Are you
sure you just didn't get your DNS or IP routing problems fixed and that caused
this improvement?

Puzzled,

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support