Re: transferring maps between netview/nt and netview/sun

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: transferring maps between netview/nt and netview/sun
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:53:06 -0400
This isn't supported, and I doubt it has ever been tested, but you are welcome
to try.  I believe the databases to be incompatible, as there are field-level
differences in NT.   But you can still attempt it if you like; I have been wrong
before. If you do it, and you can get the daemons started on Solaris, I would
recommend that you try commands like ovobjprint to list the database first, and
then ovtopodump, because if these don't work, nothing else will.  You might also
do usr/OV/service/reset_ci, since the NT database will not have the correct CI
structure in it, and this might have to be rebuilt in order to provide it.  And
before you try to start the GUI use ovwls to list the maps first, and then
mapadmin -u to set the current owning host.

 If you succeed, I think you will be the first.
  Have at it and let us know.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

OGrant <OGrant@PEC.COM> on 10/27/99 12:32:38 PM