Nodes not discovered

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Nodes not discovered
From: "D. Stephenson" <debbie_stephenson@UK.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:13:09 +0100
Further to the note below:
we can ping the nodes that have not been discovered, we can browser their MIBs
but we can not demand poll them.

Thanks
---------------------- Forwarded by Deborah Stephenson/UK/IBM on 28/10/99 12:07
---------------------------

"D. Stephenson" <debbie_stephenson@UK.IBM.COM> on 28/10/99 10:38:54

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Deborah Stephenson/UK/IBM)

Hi

We have recently upgraded from Netview 5.0a for NT to Netview 5.1.1 for NT.  We
are monitoring both AIX & NT boxes.
Because some nodes were missing from the map, we cleared the database and let
Netview re-discover.  It has only picked up 64 nodes out of 103
that we have listed in the seed file.  We have tried stopping and starting the
server, and forcing re-discovery - no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks