Re: IP Status Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: IP Status Question
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:47:37 -0400
HOw many maps do you have?  What is the Maps Managed and MapsExist count when
they do not show unmanaged after you have done the operation?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

howard <howard@howard-allison.com> on 10/28/99 05:45:09 AM

Please respond to "howard@howard-allison.com" <howard@howard-allison.com>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
Subject:  IP Status Question

Hi, I'm using Netvire 5.1 on AIX 4.1.5
If I have an Icon in IP Status= Unknown, or even Normal , and unmanage it
from the menu, and then perform a 'display object information', the IP
Status field remains as it was before the unmanage, not always, but often.
Is this normal behavior? Can I force the field to unmanaged(5) ?
Thanks
Howard Allison
Softcom Consulting
Vienna, Austria