Re: Scratch NV db

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Scratch NV db
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 08:17:11 -0400
Are you moving the machine (hostname) to different IP Address or installing
NetView somewhere else and transferring the databases?   Either one can be done
without rebuilding the entire thing if you have map customization to save, but
if you don't, then it is simpler and easier to just rediscover -- then you know
everything is correct from the start.   But basically in either case you must do
a /usr/OV/service/reset_ci  to alter that portion of the database which keeps
information about NetView itself and to alter the owning host of the maps.

Perhaps other users can comment on their experiences in doing this sort of
thing.  We've seen many folks ask about this.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

BAUDOUX BERNARD <bernard.baudoux@FORTISBANK.COM> on 10/28/99 06:31:06 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>