can't add new objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: can't add new objects
From: OGrant <OGrant@PEC.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:34:08 -0500
Environment: Sun OS 2.6, Framework 3.6, Netview 5.1 (all being accessed via
Exceed/X-Windows)

I have read/write permissions on my map; when I attempt to add a new object
(a computer, for example), I can successfully get a list of object
sub-classes.  However, when I try to grab the object and drag it to the
desk, I can't do anything but draw a box around the object.  Even that,
however, doesn't cause the object to be selected.    Am I missing a step
here, per chance?  Do I need to create a new submap before I can add objects
to it?  The manual doesn't provide too many clues in this instance.

TIA,
Oliver Grant
Performance Engineering Corp.