Re: can't add new objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: can't add new objects
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:28:49 -0500
You are doing it right. If you were doing it wrong there would be an
error message about it, or the resulting object would be floating.
What you have sounds like an emulator problem. Try different
mouse keys. If you are using a two-button mouse, try both together.
Check your emulator settings re mouse button configuration.

Environment: Sun OS 2.6, Framework 3.6, Netview 5.1 (all being accessed via
Exceed/X-Windows)

I have read/write permissions on my map; when I attempt to add a new object
(a computer, for example), I can successfully get a list of object
sub-classes.  However, when I try to grab the object and drag it to the
desk, I can't do anything but draw a box around the object.  Even that,
however, doesn't cause the object to be selected.    Am I missing a step
here, per chance?  Do I need to create a new submap before I can add
objects
to it?  The manual doesn't provide too many clues in this instance.

TIA,
Oliver Grant
Performance Engineering Corp.