Backup Strategy...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Backup Strategy...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 06:41:41 PST
Hello All.

We have the following:

Netview 5.1.1, AIX 4.2.1, Framework 3.6.1, Nways 2.0

I have a couple of questions...

1. I have only one volume group (rootvg) with various logical volumes.
Should I have created two VGs instead of just using one? Is there any
advantage, what is usually done here for a Netview install?

2. I am trying to devise a backup strategy for my system. I realize that I
can do a mksysb regularly, but if I just wanted to backup my Netview, what
filesystems should I backup? Does anyone have a good backup strategy out
there?

Any information appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.