Re: Status Color change

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Status Color change
From: Alejandro Mechoulam <amechoul@BMA.COM.AR>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 15:42:59 -0300
Hi, what I have done is this, please try to understand and apologize my
english.
I hide the backup interfaces in all routers (when the backup is down the
router are still green).
I cut the backup network from the dial in router and pasted it at the top
of the ip-map, change the parent map to ip-map. Rename it to BackupNetwork.
So the real maps are green in normal conditions.
then the interpretation is as follow:
the BackupNetwork has to be RED in normal conditions.
When it's yellow, at least one router has the backup interface up.
looking into the BackupNetwork all routers and connections are red, exept
for that the backup interface is up,
Sometimes the router with the backup interface up is red but the connection
is black. Then the policy to my help desk is just to look at the
connections between the routers an the center of the star (the backup net).
Bye.

Alejandro Mechoulam
Buenos Aires Argentina
amechoul@bma.com.ar