Re: How to replace default background "gif" files in netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to replace default background "gif" files in netview
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 07:15:19 -0500
To change the background on a submap, there is a menu option
(under view or options, I think) to select from a list of gif files. I
would
not mess with the one called default. To change it back to blank,
you would pull that option up again and use the cursor to blank
out the entry. I think there is one for New Zealand, isn't there?

Adding new ones is harder. You can add gif files to whichever directory
you found those in, but it must be in GIF87 format. Here's the last
I heard on that thread.  Anybody had any success with this?

Bill Painter said:
XV does use GIF87 but xv does not have a option to save in 87 or 89 it
seems
to save in 89

when I said:
My  old blue notebook say that the xv tool lets you add text, change
colors,
flip, rotate images, and is available from ftp.cis.upenn.edu in /pub/edu.
And that the xpaint tool lets you add lines and do shape editing. It is
available from
ftp.x.org/contrib/xpaint-2.1.1.tar.Z
I have not used them since I don't bother with backgrounds unless there is
tour group coming through...

Leslie

First of all thanks for replying to my "cry" for help.
I'm running netview 5.1.1 under solaris 2.6
I'm trying to replace the background of the Netview topology map with a
map from New Zealand.
Having found that the default background is just a normal ".gif" file, I
thought that replacing this file with a new file, giving it the same name
would do the trick, but alas it turned out not to be the case.
If you know how to do this, or need more specific info on what I'm doing
I would be very appreciative.

Kind regards.