NetView NT 5.1 Client/Server problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView NT 5.1 Client/Server problem
From: Michael Hüttl <michael@DATANET.CO.AT>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:07:07 +0100
Hello

Situation:

1. I have installed NetView 5.1 server on a Windows NT server (Version
4.0 SP3) and NetView 5.1 client on another Windows NT server.
2. netview account is defined on both system the same way
3. NetView server "root directory" drive with \usr\ov directory is
mounted an accessible from the client

Problems:
1. When I start NetView client, I got the error message:
Error: The NetView Console cannot connect to NetView server. Exiting
console

2. When I start ovobjprint from a dos window on the client I can access
the object DB on the server (get the responses and the data)

3. When I start ovtopodump from a dos window on the client I get the
error message:
Error: Could not open topology database. Cannot connect to server.
Unknown error

Any solution appreciated

Michael Huettl <michael@datanet.co.at>
Datanet GmbH