Collections in Ruleset

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Collections in Ruleset
From: Kuffer Andreas <Andreas.Kuffer@KUONI.CH>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:33:26 +0100
hi there
I'm running AIX 4.3.2 and NetView 5.1.2. I defined a collection Hubs
(isHub=TRUE) and would like to use this collection for getting out events
only from this collection. Therefore I defined a simple ruleset named
2coll.rs:
Event Stream ->         Query Database Collection ->    Resolve
pass                    ID Source: Origin
                        Collection: Hubs
                        Forward: Not Contained in Collection

Now I do create a dynamic workspace named hubevents with correlation rule
2coll.rs. Events are coming in from hubs but also from other machines,
definitely being no hubs (isHub = FALSE) and not being member of the
Hubs-collection.

Am I doing anything wrong? Anyone also had problems on this? Are there other
ways to get events only from objects being part of a collection?

Any comments are more than welcome...Andreas