Re: disable NV WEB SERVER

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: disable NV WEB SERVER
From: John Creasey <creasey@OZEMAIL.COM.AU>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:26:32 +1100
Yes not only is it started when you start the gui,
it is started _every_ time you start the gui.
So after a while you can find dozens of them sitting there
chewing up resources.

Personally I find this fairly apalling.
It is also worth noting that the netview webserver is (according to
our security scanning programs at least) based
on an old version of apache.  Of course it's a version that just
happens to have several security vulnerabilities, so by running it
you are possibly compromising your box.

Very nice.  I might be worried about it if it actually worked.
So far I think I've only seen it behave sensibly once.