Netview Backup and Hot-Standby Configuration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview Backup and Hot-Standby Configuration
From: "SZEWCZYK, Jack" <jszewczyk@WESTPAC.COM.AU>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:46:22 +1100
Hi,

We are in situation when we have to have a hot stanby
netview server in a different physical location.

I don't want to do polling from both servers, only from the primary
(to minimize the network traffic).

Q1) The question is how to synchronize databases on the hot-standby?

I know about reset_ci and mapadmin commands - but they are only used
when move the database to a new server on the _same_ subnet.
What about moving the databases across the subnets?

Q2) The physical backups. According to the manual you are supposed to stop
netmon and couple of other deamons (snmpCollect etc..) while backing up
the databases. What about monitoring network during this time? We are
in 7x24 situation and disabling the polling event for 30min. is not an
option.
What's the bet way to do it?

Thanks,

Jack

Jack Szewczyk                    |  email: jszewczyk@westpac.com.au
Network Systems Administrator    |
Westpac Banking Corporation      +---------------------------------

Level 2, 72 Christie Street      |   phone: +61 2 9902 6497
St Leonards NSW 2065/AUSTRALIA   |   fax:   +61 2 9902 5111