Re: Forwarding Traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Forwarding Traps
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:08:47 -0500
Assuming it is UNIX, use the -M option on trapd.  See the man page on trapd.
You configure this through the Framework menus (right click the NetView icon in
the Tivoli desktop) or on AIX you can still use SMIT.  On NT you have to
configure the trapfrwd daemon.  Read about that in the comments in
\usr\OV\conf\trapfrwd.conf.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

John Creasey <creasey@OZEMAIL.COM.AU> on 11/22/99 08:43:17 AM