Re: nodes in wrong subnet maps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nodes in wrong subnet maps
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:46:33 -0500
Philip, sounds like a subnet mask issue. For example, with a subnet mask of
255.255.0.0 all of these IP's are the same subnet. Check the "mysterious"
ones by Edit --> Modify Describe --> Object --> IP Map and see what is
reported as the subnet mask. NetView determines this via SNMP so you may
need to make changes to the specific device if incorrect.

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Phone - (423)-229-3579
Fax - (423)-229-1188