nodes in wrong subnet maps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: nodes in wrong subnet maps
From: Philip_Guerra@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:33:17 -0600
I was poking around one of my network segment maps and came across something
interesting.  In submap X.Y.32.0, I found a number of Cisco 2924's that serve
the X.Y.38.0 subnet and some dhcp clients as well.  I even found a node from the
X.Y.47.0 subnet.  I tried to ping and demand poll the devices and the ip info
that came back also reflected the same information.  When I went to the X.Y.38.0
submap, the nodes that are in the X.Y.32.0 that have X.Y.38 addresses were not
there.  Any ideas?

I am running Netview 5.1.2 on an Ultra10 running Solaris2.7, with Framework
3.6.1

Regards,
Philip