Re: Netview on 2 screens

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview on 2 screens
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:35:35 -0800
Thierry,
I did this quite a few years ago on one of our IBM AIX boxes.
I believe it uses generic X-Windows/MOTIF though.

Logging into that system I found the following commands:

# (From .xserverrc file) After this
#------------------------------------------------
MSG=/usr/lib/nls/msg/$LANG
RGB=/usr/lib/X11/rgb
EXTENSIONS=""

# (From .xserverrc file) -- Add this
# To define mouse/screen geometry -- I think)
#---------------------------------------------------
EXTENSIONS=$EXTENSIONS" -P11 2 -P12 1"

# (From the .xinitrc file)
# Start aiX-terms on both displays.
# (Just before mwm exec)
#---------------------------------
aixterm -display :0.0 -fullcursor -fg yellow -bg NavyBlue -cr green -sb &
aixterm -display :0.1 -fullcursor -fg yellow -bg NavyBlue -cr green -sb &

# Setup Motif Window-Manager for multi-screen
# (Very last line in .xinitrc)
exec mwm -multiscreen

That's about all I can find.  I think that's about it.  Its been about
three years since I've done this though... so I don't make any guarantees.

If you're not on AIX... then it might be a bit different, but it shouldn't
be that much different  (its X and Motif after all).

Regards,

Gary Boyles, Intel