wrong subnet mask being report by NetView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: wrong subnet mask being report by NetView
From: Philip_Guerra@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:44:54 -0600
Configuration:
Sun Ultra10 running Solaris2.7, Netview 5.1.2 and Framework 3.6.1 (call this Box
A)

The Netview server (Box A) has discovered another Netview server (Box B) that is
running Netview for NT.  It (Box B) is currently NOT in the class C segment it
should be in.  I believe this is caused by the fact that the Netview server (Box
A) thinks it has the wrong subnet mask.  I located the node in the map, Right
mouse clicked and selected Edit:Description.  In this window, the server (Box A)
reports the subnet mask of Box B as 255.255.0.0.  If I right mouse click on Box
B and select Monitor:Network Configuration: Adressess, it reports the correct
subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.  I went to Box B and check the network settings
for the box and it is indeed set to 255.255.255.0.  I went ahead and did a
demand  poll  to see if Box A would register the change but no luck there.

So what next?  Should I attempt to delete the object and let it get
rediscovered?

Regards,
Philip