Re: Strange Cisco traps....

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Strange Cisco traps....
From: Duane Waddle <waddle1@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:24:04 -0600
The Cisco is sending a trap for when it closes a TCP connection -- like a
telnet, or similar.  I'll bet that if you telnet to your routers and logout
repeatedly, these traps will be numerous.  Also, DLSW uses TCP for its
services, probably leading to more traps related to this.

So far, I have not found a way to turn this off, short of disabling ALL
traps.

--D

Duane Waddle
waddle1@us.ibm.com
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine..."  -- RFC1925

"Fendrick, Gib (CC-MIS)" <Gib.Fendrick@CONAGRA.COM> on 11/30/99 04:55:57 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>