Re: Netview on a large screen display

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview on a large screen display
From: Paul Fordy <paul.fordy@VIRGIN.NET>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:57:47 +0000
I tried this a couple of years ago onto a large videoscreen from Barco.  The 3
x 67inch screens functioned as one wide X display and I used xrdb to load X
defaults before running an instance of nv6000 (neview 4.1) on each.  I'll give
the examples at the end of this mail which should still work with TME Netview 5

I later ditched this because of lack of control and wrote a java program to run
on the server which could display lines, icons, text and animated gifs.  This I
drive from the TEC with a little java client program.  This gives you extra
flexibility to identify other problems (i.e application going down), and you
could put little icons over the top of larger icons (e.g disk inside a
computer).

Paul Fordy
Western Power Distribution (formerly SWEB UK)

Richard Duff wrote:

> This is a non technical question for the group. Our helpdesk has requested
> that we set up a largescreen display that would display  the Netview map so
> the help desk people would be able to see when a network node turned red.
> the question is simply , has anyone out there tried this type of setup ,
> and was it of any benefit?
>
> thanks  ahead of time for any replies.
>
> duff

Examples
---------

OVw*toolPalettePresent:         False
OVw*navTreePresent:             False
OVw*controlDeskPresent:             False
OVw*mainWindowHasMenu:          False
OVw*mainWindowHasMessage:       False
*displayCopyRightWindow:                False

OVw*shellX:                     0
OVw*shellY:                     0
OVw*shellWidth:                 1280
OVw*shellHeight:                1000

! turn certain sections a different colour
OVw*mainWindowColor:            white
OVw*mainWindowFrameColor:       white
OVw*mainWindowMenuColor:        white
OVw*viewAreaColor:              white