Re: Strange Cisco traps....

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Strange Cisco traps....
From: "David E. Dimond" <dimond@allina.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:36:22 -0600
These 'tcpConnectionClose' traps from Cisco routers are spit out
whenever you telnet into and out of your router.  If you are seeing
them in absence of a telnet session, you could have an IOS issue.
I've also seen them generated as a result of management polling,
eg. Ciscoworks, etc...

And the amount of granularity you have over controlling these specific
traps at the source is also IOS dependent.