Re: Strange Cisco traps....

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Strange Cisco traps....
From: David Barnwell <David.Barnwell@AEXP.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 03:04:05 -0700
Gord,

The trap is always generated from the interface which was logged into, if the
loopback interface was used then the address is the interface which faces you
across the network if I remember rightly.

To force snmp traps to be sourced from the loopback address you can use the
following in Cisco routers

snmp-server trap-source Loopback0

I think this command is IOS level dependant

Hope this helps

regards

db