Re: Ignore Category on Netview NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ignore Category on Netview NT
From: Paolo Sanesi <p.sanesi@IT.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:49:44 +0100
Hi James!
I already knew of that behavior on NV/6000 and, in fact, is what i would like on
NT.
On my Netview/NT I already turned off tradp.log and only MS Access (or SQL) is
used, but it becomes full in about 2/3 days
while i'd like to have a real Historical DB of traps.
So, my problem isn't to not have traps displaied (I already filtered them) but
to not have them logged on ODBC DB!!

On NV/6000, RDBMS has a different approach and if a trap isn't in trapd.log it
won't be in RDBMS too, so "Ignore" category has a meaning for me in this case.
On Netview NT, traps seem to be written directly to RDBMS without possibility of
intervention.
Do you think there is a way to reach this result other than forward needed traps
to T/EC and than mantain a real historical DB?
Bye, Paolo!

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>