Re: Netview on a large screen display

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview on a large screen display
From: Rob Rinear <robr@DIRIGO.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:26:03 -0500
I'm working with a customer now who has such a setup, with multiple
management consoles rotating on it (Netview, mainframe stuff, others...soon
to be TEC).  I see this as a value on a temporary basis, just as I see the
normal Netview console; it serves as a good way for operations folks to
notice when devices and links are down.  I say temporary, though, because I
believe the real answer is to remove the dependence on people to see and
act, by either automating actions within Netview, or using something like
TEC.  Automate corrective action, page people, email people, open trouble
tickets, etc. - something to make sure people are aware of the problem.