Re: Another Ruleset Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Another Ruleset Question
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:28:07 -0600
Kent

You will have to use an inline action to get this.  You can parse the 3rd
attribute or the 4th, depending on if you want the name or the IP address.
Here is an example of the environment variables of these attributes:

NVATTR_3=Interface eth0 down.
NVATTR_4=198.3.130.166 942298604 547 546

The 4 fields of NVATTR_4 are:
1. IP Address
2. Time stamp
3. NetView's ovwdb object ID of the parent object
4. NetView's ovwdb object ID of the interface object.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management