Re: A weird invisible map

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: A weird invisible map
From: Frederic Mottiat <frederic_mottiat@BE.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:29:38 +0100
André,

have you checked that the subnet in which those remote nodes are located has
already been discovered ? This is most of the time the reason for nodes not to
appear on the map...

What I personnaly do is :
- issue a traceroute, from the command line, to the remote node
- in the Netview GUI, locate each of the hops that lead to the remote node.
- if I cannot find them in my map, I first try to discover why they are not
there, so iteratively adding all intermediate nodes until I find the router to
which the awaited subnet is connected.

Now, if that router is there, but the subnet ain't, check if the SNMP community
string defined for that router is correct. Maybe you have the "last" router, but
not the interface.

Regards

Frederic Mottiat - IBM Global Services (PSS-SMNS)
Tivoli Implementation & Services
Email : frederic_mottiat@be.ibm.com
Tel :  02/225 34 08        Gsm : +32 (0)75 388 773

Andre Faille <Andre.Faille@SITA.INT> on 06/12/99 16:22:57

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>