Re: Updating icons/bitmaps on the map.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Updating icons/bitmaps on the map.
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 22:52:48 -0500
My brute-force method is to close the maps, stop netmon, ovtopofix -a, stop
and start everything, reopen the map. There may be a more subtle way. Like
ovtopofix -u <oid> with a map close/open.

I also usually delete the affected nodes and rediscover them if they have
newly been added to oid_to_type, since I want to have the vendor and agent
fields set, and those are only set at discovery.

You will probably still find that nodes in Collections will not be updated,
and
you will need to delete the egg of the Collection so that when it reappears
and is reevaluated it will have the same bitmaps used by ipmap.

Detroit

I think I've seen this before...

How do I update my icons on the map (i.e. maks sure I'm using the current
bitmaps)?

Seems like there was a way do a wholesale verify/update of icons?

Thanks.

Gary Boyles