Propagating A Critical Attribute To A Parent Submap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Propagating A Critical Attribute To A Parent Submap
From: "Clay David (rti1dwc)" <rti1dwc@ISMD.UPS.COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 09:06:48 -0500
I currently have child submaps that include both switches and user
workstation. The parent submap is the IP submap of the child submaps. When
user workstations go down I don't want this "down" status propagated to the
IP submap but when any of my switches go down, I want it propagated back to
the parent submap. Is there a setting that will allow me to do this? All I
see is a way to set the map to "propagate most critical" setting.

Thanks,
Dave