Re: Background Color For Submaps On Web Client

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Background Color For Submaps On Web Client
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 19:54:10 -0500
The background on the web client matches the background on the server.
 You could conceivably change the map background color in the OVw
file in the /usr/OVapp-defaults directory, but I would not expect that to
change the
web client, since status colors changed there don't affect the web.
However,
you  can use a background gif on the server, and it will show up on the
client.
So if you make a plain solid background gif, and don't mind the overhead
associated with it, you would likely achieve your goal. Background gifs
can be made with any number of drawing packages, but must be passed
through some tool that can export them in GIF87 format. Paintshop-pro
or PhotoShop are examples.

Is there a way to change the default web page background color for the
submaps. When you use a web client to access your maps, the background
color
is gray. What file will allow me to change this color from gray to another
color?

Thanks,
Dave