Passing trap variables to script

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Passing trap variables to script
From: Juan Echevarria <echevarria@ES.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:05:40 +0100
Hi all,

     I have Netview v5 running on AIX 4.2.1. I'm trying to make a ruleset that
executes a very simple script when IBM_NVNDWN_EV (Node Down event) is generated.
The script exports the DISPLAY variable (I need this) and executes:
/usr/OV/bin/ovxecho Node down $2. I've tried with variable $2 and also with
$ATTR_2 but it seems not to recognize the variable so the xwindow opens and
displays "Node down" but not the variable value. I don't know where the problem
is. Do I have to do something to allow the Netview variables to be read from
operating system?

Many thanks,
Juan.

Juan Echevarría López.