Re: Color propagation for acknowledged devices

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Color propagation for acknowledged devices
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:50:09 -0500
No on 1, yes on 2.
The color used for Acknowledged is set in /usr/OV/app-defaults/OVw.
I usually set it to ForestGreen, since DarkGreen is so close to LimeGreen.

The purpose of Acknowledge is specifically to NOT propogate, and there
is no way that I have ever heard of to change that.  What I do to keep a
grip on what problems I have hidden with Aknowledge is keep a Collection
of marginal or critical nodes, and a Collection of critical interfaces. If
you
look at the problem nodes collection you will see that the ones for which
you have acknowledged the critical interfaces will be green, although their
IP Status is still marginal or critical. The interface collection will be a
mix
of red and whatever color you chose for Ack.

So what is with Gray? Are you planning for known problems to be invisible
on the map? That would be great for when management walks by... too bad
it won't propagate, eh?

Detroit

Hi All,

Do you know if there is a way to customize the color propagation on the
NetView map such that DARK GREEN (a device somewhere in the map with
acknowledged status) can propagates its way up to the the root map? That
way
one can track the status of known and acknowledged problem devices.

Also, is there a way to customize the color, say, an acknowledged device
will show itself in GRAY instead of DARK GREEN?

Your advice in this is highly appreciated.

Rgds,
Lawrence

CAUTION: This Message may contain confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any
use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is
prohibited. If you received this message in error please notify
Mail Administrators immediately. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily
reflect the views of Woolworths Ltd.