format of netmon.trace

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: format of netmon.trace
From: Juan Echevarria <echevarria@ES.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:40:52 +0100
Hi all,

     there is something strange in my netmon.trace file. Old entries (back to
1998) have a long format, including timestamp but new ones are very short,
without time data:

Mon Sep 21 16:11:45 CDT 1998
Cannot communicate with SNMP Agent via loopback address (127.0.0.1); it is
either not running or has been configured with a community name different
from that configured into TME 10 NetView for this system. If a community name ha
been configured into the SNMP Agent, that community name must be configured
via xnmsnmpconf and /usr/OV/conf/ovsnmp.conf for address 127.0.0.1 as well
as for the hostname or IP address of this system.
Or, the /usr/OV/conf/snmpmib and /usr/OV/conf/snmpmib.bin files are corrupted
and need to be rebuilt using the
Maintain->Rebuild MIB binary file with installation MIB defaults
option in smit
Mon Sep 21 16:13:09 CDT 1998
Cannot communicate with SNMP Agent via loopback address (127.0.0.1); it is
Node '10.0.116.101' is in incorrect network, delete the node and rediscover
netmon: Reloading seed file '/usr/OV/conf/seedfile'
netmon: Reloaded seed file '/usr/OV/conf/seedfile' successfully

I don't know if that's due to the different type of record or maybe because in
1998 was Netview v4 (I'm not quite sure about that).

Thanks and regards,
Juan.

Juan Echevarría López.