Re: Web Interface on Netview 5.1.2 on AIX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Web Interface on Netview 5.1.2 on AIX
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:49:59 -0500
In my experience, the appearance of the map on the web client
is very dependant on the resources available on the client box.
Not the fonts, but the arrangements in particular.

One trick that seems to help: on the Netview server, raise a background
gif. Refresh the view on the client, and the icons will now be centered.
Remove the background gif on the server, and it goes away on the
client but the improved arrangement remains. Don't have any idea why.

Detroit

Hi all

After upgrading from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2 on AIX, I was under the impression the
web interface "bug" was fixed, ie, the IP internet map show up in a left
upper corner and does not have the labels visible as it is too small.
After
the upgrade, my IP internet map is still the same size.

Question : is there a was to make the map bigger so that the labels are
visible for the icons ? I tried on both IE and Netscape to increase the
fonts, but the map is a java applet and has no effect on fonts.

Thanks

Ed