Re: RIM problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RIM problem
From: Scott Donohoo <sdonohoo@MINDSPRING.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:20:41 -0500
Hi Sergio,

I am not an Oracle expert by any means but I can immediately see two things
wrong in this output.

1. The RIM object will have to be renamed from netview to
netview@<hostname> (<hostname> is where NetView is installed) for NetView
to be able to communicate with the RIM object. You can use

wsetrim -n netview@hostname netview

to change the name. This is not the reason for your error. Just FYI. If
wrimtest fails, NetView is out of the loop. This is a problem between
RIM/Oracle.

2. There is no Database Server ID specified in the wrimtest output. This
may just be a typo in your email. I don't know how you could have created
the RIM object without the DB SID. You can also use wsetrim to set the SID.
This is found in your tnsnames.ora on the Oracle server and, from what I
have seen, usually ends in ".world". Also make sure that the host name in
the RIM object is where the Oracle client is installed.

At 03:21 PM 12/22/1999 -0500, Sergio Cardona wrote:
>Hi all,
>I am trying to install the database support for
>netview, working with oracle 7.3.4, and netview 5.1.2.
>I have created the database using the scritps provided
>with netview and the RIM object according to the manual.
>But when I try to test the connection to the database,
>using wrimtest, I get the following output:
># wrimtest -l netview
>Resource Type  : RIM
>Resource Label : netview
>Host Name      : unify
>User Name      : netview
>Vendor         : Oracle
>Database       : SATPLUSTCP
>Database Home  : /aplora/app/oracle/product/7.3.4
>Server ID      :
>Instance Home  :
>Opening Regular Session...rim_errors:0024
>Could not connect to RDBMS server to access database
>SATPLUSTCP
>The RDBMS server call's return code was:  3113
>The RDBMS server call's error was:  ORA-03113: end-of-
>file on communication channel
>
>Does any one have this problem before or has a clue of
>what is going on? I guess that the problem resides at
>the oracle installation, but I am not sure.
>Regards
>Sergio Cardona.

>This mail sent through IMP: http://web.horde.org/imp/

Scott Donohoo